House League 2021 Update (June 19, 2021):
The Spring 2021 House League has been cancelled. Plans are underway for an expanded Fall 2021 House League program. Stay tuned for details coming soon!
Fall House League
Fall House League is a player and parent favourite! It integrates baseball fundamental skill development into gameplay. The program runs in September and October.
Age 6 & 7 | Born in 2013 & 2014
Wednesday nights at roph road pS
Age 8 & 9 | Born in 2011 & 2012
Thursday Nights at Rolph Road PS
Fall House League registrations fill up quickly every year! Due to field permit and resource limitations, we will not be able to accommodate all interested families. As such, we recommend registering quickly after the registration window opens to ensure your child's spot!
Ready With COVID-19 Health And Safety Measures
Leaside Baseball Fall House League will operate in accordance with, and subject to, all provincial and municipal COVID-19 requirements and guidelines. The policies and recommendations we have implemented to increase the health and safety of our campers are:
- Parents will be required to complete a health assessment form on behalf of their athlete(s) prior to the start of the session.
- Players will be divided into 6 teams of 5 players and assigned two Leaside Baseball Instructors as well as parent volunteers for the duration of the program week with dedicated equipment.
- Each team will then be assigned to one of two diamonds each evening; each team will rotate through each (1) batting, (2) infield defense and (3) outfield defense. This is done to reduce the length of time of close proximity of the players while waiting to bat.
- Physical distancing will be enforced within each cohort and group. Where it can’t be maintained, campers and staff will be instructed to wear their masks.
- A strict “no sharing” rule will apply to gloves, water bottles and food.
- Parents are asked to keep their player at home if there is any change in their health, COVID-19 related or otherwise.
- Spectators are asked to limit attendance to immediate family and physically distance themself from each other.
House League registrations fill up quickly every year and especially this year due to precautions requiring limiting enrollment! Due to field permit and resource limitations, we will not be able to accommodate all interested families. As such, we recommend registering promptly after the registration window opens to ensure your child's spot.
Uniforms and Equipment
The LBA provides a hat for each player. The LBA also provides all required baseball equipment including balls, bases, bats, helmets and catcher's gear. Players are to bring appropriate running shoes, baseball cleats (diamond only) and their baseball glove. An athletic cup is required for age 8 and older.
Players may bring their own baseball bat and are not to share it with teammates. Players may bring their own batting helmet and do not need to share it.
In the event you need to cancel the registration, a credit may be available. Refunds are not available. If written cancellation notice is made by August 25, a credit is available to be used towards any Leaside Baseball programming. If the written cancellation notice is made after August 26, a credit is not available. The Leaside Baseball Association reserves the right to grant exceptions to the policy.
Use of Fees
The registration fee covers team and game equipment, umpire and instructor costs, insurance, field permits and administrative expenses, as well as contributing to the Leaside Baseball financial assistance and capital improvement programs.
Parent Volunteers to Help the Team
We love our parent volunteers and we especially need help this Fall! As an Assistant Coach, you will assist in ensuring athletes are rotating through their assigned locations, preparing athletes to bat and ensuring that athletes are maintaining distance. Due to limited registration capacity, athletes who have parent volunteers will be prioritized for registration.
Each team is provided two (2) Leaside Baseball instructors as head coach to lead the game play, umpire and integrate skill development.
Rep and Select Players
Due to limited space in our program, we do not accept players that are currently on Rep or Select teams in Leaside or elsewhere in Toronto on spring house league teams. Players who have previously played Rep or Select baseball are eligible to play.