2020 Coach Pitch House Fall League
6 and 7 Years Old | Born in 2013 and 2014 | Co-ed | Wednesday, September 2 to October 7 | 5:45PM to 7:15PM | Rolph Road Public School | $180
Girls and boys ages 6 and 7 with 2013 and 2014 birth years.
The weekly sessions are held Wednesday nights from September 2 to October 7 from 5:45PM to 7:15PM.
The sessions are held at Rolph Road Elementary School. Please come to the east diamond off of Hannah Road.
Summary of Key Rules
- Players will be divided into 6 teams consisting of 5 players each.
- Three teams will be assigned to one diamond and rotate through (1) batting, (2) infield defense and (3) outfield defense. This will limit downtime associated with batting and ensure that players limit physical interaction with other players in an organized manner.
- Two Leaside Baseball Instructors will be allocated to each diamond. One to two parent volunteers will be assigned to each 5 player team.
- There are no umpires. The game will be called by the Leaside Baseball Instructors.
- There is no scoring and no wins or losses.
- Every player will have at least 2 times at bat.
- Players will be hitting a soft, reduced velocity baseball underhanded by a coach.
- Batter has 5 opportunities to hit the ball from the coach. If they are unsuccessful after 5 attempts they will be provided a tee to hit before running to first base.
- Batter may not advance more than two bases on a hit unless they are the last batter in an inning.
Goals for Players this Age
Some players will have experience playing with the LBA or at home with parents and siblings. Some will be familiar with the basics of the game, while others may never have held a bat or thrown a ball. Regardless of skill level, we like to see our players filled with a ton of enthusiasm.
We’ve worked with past Coaches and Instructors to develop a set of realistic goals based on the ages and abilities commonly seen in Coach Pitch:
- Build a program that lets them associate baseball with friends and fun
- Learn to encourage and celebrate one another
- Learn the basic object and rules of the game
- Learn some foundational skills and don’t develop any bad baseball habits, like the proper way to throw a ball and swing a bat, which direction to run, beginning to learn the fielding positions, and beginning to learn how to catch (and may be able to do so barehanded)
What Players Are To Bring
Please have your player(s) bring the following:
- Comfortable athletic shorts or pants
- Sneakers or cleats
- Baseball glove
Players may bring their own baseball bat and helmet. They do not need to share it.
Leaside Baseball provides:
- Baseball hat
- Baseball team jersey
- All required baseball equipment including balls, bases, bats, helmets and catcher's gear.