Spring 2021 House League
Spring 2021 House League has been cancelled. Plans are underway for an expanded Fall Ball program in late August 2021. Please look forward to more details in July!
Spring House League
Our Spring House League program provides fun skills development and recreational baseball right in Leaside! A great program to begin the summer that starts in May
Spring and Fall
Age 6 & 7
Spring and Fall
Age 8 & 9
Spring (Sept Playoffs)
Age 12, 13 & 14
Age 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Our Commitment to the 2021 Season
The Leaside Baseball Association is committed to the health and safety of our players, parents, and the greater community. We will operate our baseball programming in accordance with the health and safety laws and measures as required by the provincial government, City of Toronto, Toronto District School Board, and the Ontario Baseball Association. As these policies develop, this may result in changes to the programming as we have outlined it here. We will communicate any changes to you in a timely manner.
Ready With COVID-19 Health And Safety Measures
Leaside Baseball House League will operate in accordance with, and subject to, all provincial and municipal COVID-19 requirements and guidelines. The policies and recommendations we have implemented to increase the health and safety of our campers are:
- Parents will be required to complete a health assessment form on behalf of their athlete(s) prior to the start of the session.
- Players will be divided into 6 teams of 7 players. (different for Peewee & Mosquito)
- Each diamond will be assigned two Leaside Baseball Instructors as well as parent volunteers for the duration of the program week with dedicated equipment.
- Each team will then be assigned to one of two diamonds each evening; each team will rotate through each (1) batting, (2) infield defense and (3) outfield defense. This is done to reduce the length of time of close proximity of the players while waiting to bat.
- Physical distancing will be enforced within each cohort and group. Where it can’t be maintained, campers and staff will be instructed to wear their masks.
- A strict “no sharing” rule will apply to gloves, water bottles and food.
- Parents are asked to keep their player at home if there is any change in their health, COVID-19 related or otherwise.
- Spectators are asked to limit attendance to immediate family and physically distance themself from each other.
Uniforms and Equipment
The LBA provides to each player a hat and jersey, as well as a new batting helmet. The LBA also provides all required baseball equipment including balls, bases, bats, and catcher's gear. Players are to bring appropriate running shoes, baseball cleats (diamond only), and a baseball glove. An athletic cup is required for age 8 and older. Players may bring their own baseball bat and are not to share it with teammates.
In accordance with the LBA’s COVID protocols, in place since summer 2020, athletes, coaches, instructors, and staff will wear masks at all times during LBA activities. Per Toronto Public Health requirements, outdoor spectators will be expected to mask if they are unable to physically distance from others.
When universal masking was introduced last year, players adapted admirably, understanding that this measure is an important part of getting back to baseball. We are grateful to our athletes, and to their families, for their commitment to maintaining these high safety standards.
It’s worth sharing that some players found it comfortable to use a clip or extender to secure their mask around the back of their heads, as it reduced the incidence of "ear-loop-pop" while running, switching from hat to helmet, etc... You may want to consider this when planning your athlete’s kit.
In the event you need to cancel the registration, a credit may be available. Refunds are not available. If written cancellation notice is made one month prior to the program start date, a credit is available to be used towards any Leaside Baseball programming.
If it is determined the program can not proceed based on COVID-19 health and safety restrictions, a partial or full (less $10 administration fee) refund will be provided, based on the cancellation date.
Use of Fees
The registration fee covers team and game equipment, umpire and instructor costs, insurance, field permits, and administrative expenses, as well as contributing to the Leaside Baseball financial assistance and capital improvement programs.
Rep and Select Competitive Players
Due to limited space in our program, we do not accept players that are currently on Rep or Select teams in Leaside or elsewhere in Toronto on spring house league teams. Players who have previously played Rep or Select baseball are eligible to play.