Spring House League
Our Spring House League program provides fun skills development and recreational baseball right in Leaside! A great program to begin the summer that starts in May
Spring and Fall
Age 6 & 7
Spring and Fall
Age 8 & 9
Age 12, 13 & 14
Age 10, 11, 12
Our Commitment to the 2022 Season
The Leaside Baseball Association is committed to the health and safety of our players, parents, and the greater community. We will operate our baseball programming in accordance with the health and safety laws and measures as required by the provincial government, City of Toronto, Toronto District School Board, and the Ontario Baseball Association. As these policies develop, this may result in changes to the programming as we have outlined below. We will communicate any changes to you in a timely manner.
Ready With COVID-19 Health And Safety Measures
Leaside Baseball House League will operate in accordance with, and subject to, all provincial and municipal COVID-19 requirements and guidelines. The policies and recommendations we have implemented to increase the health and safety of our campers are:
- Each diamond will be assigned two Leaside Baseball Instructors as well as parent volunteers for the duration of the program week with dedicated equipment.
- Each team will then be assigned to one of two diamonds each evening; each team will rotate through each (1) batting, (2) infield defense and (3) outfield defense. This is done to reduce the length of time of close proximity of the players while waiting to bat.
- Physical distancing will be enforced between each cohort and group.
- A “no sharing” rule will apply to gloves, water bottles and food.
- Spectators are asked to limit attendance to immediate family and physically distance themself from each other.
Uniforms and Equipment
The LBA provides to each player a hat and jersey, as well as team batting helmets. The LBA also provides all required baseball equipment including balls, bases, bats, and catcher's gear. Players are to bring appropriate running shoes, baseball cleats (diamond only), and a baseball glove. An athletic cup is required for age 8 and older. Players may bring their own baseball bat and are not to share it with teammates.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy:
The Leaside Baseball Association’s policies on vaccinations for those under 18 years of age are as follows:
- ‘Fully vaccinated’ is currently defined as having 2 doses of the Covid-19 vaccine
- Participants will have a grace period of 12 weeks from their 12th birthday to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
If you have a credit with us there are two options:
- Register your athlete and complete the payment process in full
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply the credit to your registration manually
- Email email@example.com to confirm your credit and have it applied to your account prior to purchase of programs
In the event you need to cancel the athlete’s registration, a refund or credit may be available.
- If written cancellation is made to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 8th, 2022, a full refund is available.
- If written cancellation is made to email@example.com after April 8th, 2022, a credit will be applied. Please note credits are subject to a $25 administrative fee (per athlete) deducted from the total credit.
If you need to cancel due to health-related reasons, we will provide you with a credit to be valid for one calendar year and applicable to Leaside Baseball house league, camps or clinics.
2022 Mosquito ("Atom") House League
Leaside Atom Baseball is a fully independent program from the Leaside Baseball Association and does not typically use online registration. Check their website for information on registration (expected to begin in mid-January): www.leasideatombaseball.com
Use of Fees
The registration fee covers team and game equipment, umpire and instructor costs, insurance, field permits, and administrative expenses, as well as contributing to the Leaside Baseball financial assistance and capital improvement programs.
Rep and Select Competitive Players
Due to limited space in our program, we do not accept players that are currently on Rep or Select teams in Leaside or elsewhere in Toronto on spring house league teams. Players who have previously played Rep or Select baseball are eligible to play.