Leaside Baseball Development Clinics
Leaside Baseball offers baseball development programming for children of all skill levels, experience and ages throughout the fall and winter.
2021 Winter Development Clinic
As you’re aware, Toronto is in lockdown and as such, indoor sports facilities and training centres are closed.
As we emerge from lockdown we expect to have participant restrictions. We are committed to providing baseball programming however we are permitted, and so we'll revisit the various scenarios as soon as conditions become more clear.
We thank you for your continued support and understanding as we navigate through this unprecedented time!
Great Person. Great Athlete. Great Player.
The core philosophy of Leaside Baseball is to help players learn the game and develop their skills in a safe, positive, inclusive, and fun environment.
We welcome boys and girls of all experience levels.
Through the teaching and refining the fundamentals of baseball – throwing, catching, hitting, running, jumping, sliding and much more – your child will gain a greater understanding of the game. Learning in a fun and supportive environment, players become more comfortable and skilled with the movements.
- Demonstration and hands-on practice of correct hitting, fielding, base running, throwing and catching mechanics
- Baseball instruction, drills and situational game play scenarios
- Batting practice and hitting drills using machines, instructor toss and tees
- Baseball-specific athletic training to improve upon speed, agility, hand-eye coordination, balance, strength and flexibility
Program information for January to March will be updated once municipal and provincial COVID-19 measures are prepared.
Ready With COVID-19 Health And Safety Measures
All Leaside Baseball programming operates in accordance with, and subject to, all provincial and municipal COVID-19 requirements and guidelines. The policies and recommendations we have implemented to increase the health and safety of our players are:
- Parents will be required to complete a health assessment form on behalf of their athlete(s) prior to the start of each session night. An email will be sent to parents on Thursday to be completed by Sunday.
- Players will be separated into groups of 6 with 2 instructors and physical distancing will be enforced within each group.
- Players are required to wear their own mask for the duration of the session.
- Parents/ Guardians are required to wear a mask when dropping off and picking up their player
- A strict “no sharing” rule will apply to personal equipment and water bottles.
- LBA provided equipment will be sanitized periodically during the session.
- Parents are asked to keep their player at home if there is any change in their health, COVID-19 related or otherwise.
- Spectators are not permitted to remain inside the facility due to attendance limitations.
Expert Leadership and Counsellors
Under the leadership of Lee Mosbaugh, we have an exceptional staff of elite and university baseball players, professional coaches, and experienced instructors to teach and mentor your children. They bring years of experience paired with creativity and enthusiasm to make a positive impact on your child in a supportive and safe environment.
Players will be in groups of 6 with 2 Instructors.
Coach Lee is a staple in the Leaside Baseball Association. As director of baseball programming, he is responsible for our camp and development clinics as well as head coach for the 16U Elite team. Lee graduated from Humber College’s Sport Management program and played three seasons with Humber’s Varsity Baseball Program. His specialized development instruction and training is matched by his creativity and passion for working with young players. He’s a player and parent favourite in our organization.
Coach Parker started as a Leaside Baseball camper at the age of 5 and has now been a valued Camps and Clinics Instructor for 6 years! He is also part of the 9U AAA coaching staff, as well as getting top grades at University. Parker loves sharding his passion and enthusiasm for baseball with every player and is happy to go the extra mile for his players and peers.
Coach Henry has been playing AAA level baseball for over 10 years. Six years ago, he began instructing with the Leaside Baseball Camp and Development Clinics and is now one of our favourite Instructors. He enjoys sharing his knowledge and passion for the game with the young players while focusing on keeping the fun in all baseball activities. Henry has also been umpiring with the LBA for over five years - acquiring his Level 3 umpire accreditation and becoming the Umpire in Chief for the LBA - conducting clinics and mentoring young umpires.
The LBA also provides all required baseball equipment including balls, bases, bats, and helmets. Equipment will be sanitized periodically during the session
Players should wear comfortable athletic clothing, a mask that comfortably covers their mouth and nose, appropriate running shoes or indoor cleats, and an athletic cup is required for age 8 and older. They should bring their baseball glove and water bottle. IF they have a bat and helmet, they are welcome to bring those too.
The health and safety of our players, parents, staff, and the larger community is of our utmost priority. We have prepared our cancellation policy to be responsive to the Public Health COVID-19 health and safety measures which we anticipate may be amended over the coming months, as well as the range of situations our families are being challenged to endure:
- In the event we are unable to run our clinic due to COVID-19 you will be asked for your preference of 1) a full refund, 2) credit for future Leaside Baseball Programming or 3) the option to donate your fees to the Leaside Baseball Playball Financial Assistance Program.
- If your child is unable to start the clinic due to a COVID-19 diagnosis, a pending test, or exposure for which you are isolating, please email email@example.com and you will be asked for your preference of 1) a full refund less a $25 administrative fee, 2) credit for future Leaside Baseball Programming or 3) the option to donate your fees to the Leaside Baseball Playball Financial Assistance Program.
- Please note refunds or credits are not available for reasons other than COVID-19.
Use of Fees
The registration fee covers equipment, instructor costs, insurance, facility permits and administrative expenses, as well as contributing to the Leaside Baseball Financial Assistance and capital improvement programs.
The Leaside Baseball Association provides an opportunity for players in Leaside and the surrounding community to develop their skills and passion for baseball by offering a wide spectrum of quality baseball programming. To make this instruction accessible to all, we are proud to offer a financial assistance program. Leaside Baseball is committed to an equitable baseball experience for all of our families.
If you would like your child(ren) to participate in our programming and wish to seek financial assistance, please apply to our Playball Financial Assistance fund. All information remains confidential.
We do not accept players who are currently on a rep team in Leaside or elsewhere in Toronto due to limited space in our program and the development offered through rep team practice activities. Players who have previously played rep baseball are eligible to play.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.