#208 - 30 Centurian Dr.
Markham, Ontario, L3R 8B8
Office Tel: (416) 862-2288
Find us on Google
Team 1: PotBelly
Team 2: Paws
Team 3: Streeter
Team 4: Torkin Mains
Team 5: Nordic Group
Team 6: Integrated Desgin
Team 7: Noah Mintz
Team 8: Howard property
Director of Player Development and Executive Athletic Director: Eric Stickney 647-338-3596 firstname.lastname@example.org
League Convenor: Bijan Biazar 647-982-4614 email@example.com
Registration fee $175 To register click "Registration" above.
SOFTBALL players born in 2011 (and advanced 2012's)Location: Northlea SchoolNight: Thursday
Time: 6-7 pm Registration: Late December opening (This will sell out! Register as soon as Registration opens! Keep an eye out on this site!)Season: May-June
8 teams of 12 players on each team
WE NEED MORE VOLUNTEER COACHES! There will be a coaching clinic for parents in Early April for parents and coaches! We highly recommend that you attend!
Practice start date is April 28th (weather permitting). This will allow coaches to get to know their team, practice, and work on skills like ground balls, pop flys, etc.
Official game and league start date is May 4th. We will try to hand out uniforms on or brfore nMay3rd.
Options for more baseball: Leaside Leafs Development program. For more information contact Eric Stickney 647-338-3596 firstname.lastname@example.org. or see side menu
Advanced 2010 born players should play with the 2009s on Mondays at Bessborough and or join the development program
1. Every player gets to bat ONCE per inning
2. Parent coach must underhand toss to his/her team.
3. Baserunners can move as many bases they want until the defensive player with the ball yells "TIME"
4. Players CANNOT strike out.. we must wait until they hit the ball, however they are allowed to hit off a tee after 3 pitches or they can throw the ball with their hand.
5. OUTS will be recorded but not the score. The team with the most outs on defense wins!! If a player is out they remain on the bag but the defensive team counts how many outs they record in a game! (this should help the kids understand that outs are the key goal when on defense, and the team that gets more outs will ultimatly prevent more runs and will win)
6. Games should last 2-3 innings depending on the time.
To increase Hand eye coordination (your pre game warm ups should include 100 catches, 100 groundballs, 100 pop flys to each player, so you must work very fast to get the reps in, all parents should help with the pre game warm up and each kid or pair of kids should have an individual coach so they can get their "reps" in)
To teach the objective of the game (the objective is to get more runs than the other team! to do this you must score runs and not get out yourself and try to get the other team out as much as you can)
To teach safety, team work, organization, and thought
**Thought about baseball summer camp for a week or two? See www.leasidebaseballcamp.com for more details**
Eagle Beaver Sports
East York Kiwanis Club
Sun Life Financial
Gyro Group - Mazda
Gyro Group - Hyundai
Patrick Rocca Real Estate
RBC Dominion Securities
King's landing Barber Shoppe
Pivot Financial Canada
Menchie's Yogurt Leaside
Audi Downtown Toronto
St. Louis Bar & Grill